These are really moist and have a depth to them because of the spices! Be sure to add a protein source (eggs, breakfast meat, etc.) if having these muffins for a meal/breakfast! The muffins would be your fat and carbohydrate source 🙂
Servings: 9 muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1-2 tsp stevia extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, unsalted (melted) or 1/4 cup sour cream (this makes them thicker, but choose coconut oil for dairy free option)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 9 muffin cups with olive oil, melted butter or non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut flour, stevia extract, baking powder, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat coconut oil or butter if using. If using sour cream, you can omit this step.
- Add bananas and mash. Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream (if omitting coconut oil/butter) and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix. Add chocolate chips for extra deliciousness!
- Place in the greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22-25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Enjoy with butter or coconut oil!