I love making pizza every Friday night with my husband. We enjoy our homemade pizza with a nice salad and glass of wine! It’s the perfect way to unwind from the week. This is a great opportunity to catch up about details from the week and spend quality time together. Plus, it’s cheaper than ordering out!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
Total time: 50 min
Servings: 10 large slices
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 T psyllium husk powder (ground, not whole husks)
- 1 T dried Italian spices
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the pizza pan by placing a sheet of parchment paper over the top and drizzling it with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, add coconut flour, (*ground) psyllium husk powder, spices, baking powder, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and hot water.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add in the almond flour and eggs until the dough is sticky.
- Place the dough on top of the prepared parchment paper. Cover it with a second piece of parchment paper or wax paper.
- Push the crust using the paper until a circle is formed. Remove the parchment paper.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. If you want the crust on the crispier side, turn your oven to broil after baking for 30 minutes and let it broil for up to 5 minutes. You can also flip it over on the other side to broil on both sides. Careful not to burn it!
- Remove from the oven and top with sauce, cheese, a protein source and nummy veggies (I like to cook mine with the protein source plus a little extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper!)
- Increase the oven heat to 400 degrees or set to broil.
- Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Remove, slice and enjoy! (with a great side salad)