This is a recipe for coco-roons, which you can buy in any whole foods market for 7.99 a bag! These are much cheaper and I would say much tastier! This recipe was taken and altered a little from oneingredientchef.com. These are paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 T cacao nibs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 cup coconut shreds, unsweetened organic
- 2 T maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Slightly soften the coconut butter in the microwave for a few seconds or place the coconut butter jar in a pot of hot water. This will allow the coconut butter to soften and be easily pliable. Add 1/3 cup to a mixing bowl.
- Add and stir in the almond flour, coconut shreds, cacoa nibs, vanilla, salt, and maple syrup or honey (if desired) until combined.
- Use a tablespoon to measure the perfect size and roll out the soft dough into small balls. Refrigerate in between wax paper for best results.
- Chocolate brownie – 1 T cocoa powder or carob powder
- Lemon – Add 1 tsp lemon juice and zest of one lemon
- Pumpkin spice – Add 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Berry Pie – Mash and add 1 Tbsp fresh/frozen berries